Recover Password on Netgear Range Extender / Router
Password issues are the least common problems faced by everyone. How can you resolve these issues? Well, Netgear strictly recommends you to enable the “password recovery” settings on your device. netgear range extender These settings assure you that if, in future, you change the default password and then you forget it, you can easily recover it. This all process is supported in all web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
Note: This process in not supported by Safari browser. netgear range extender
You might be thinking that, “How would you enable the password recovery feature on your device”, right? You just need to follow the instructions given below:
- Open a web browser on any of your wired or wireless device, which should be properly connected to your router.
- Go to the address bar and login to www.routerlogin.net.
- Netgear range extender
- After logging in successfully, type in the default username and password that would be “admin” for username and “password” for password.
- You can login via IP address given at the back of your router.
- Go to Advance > Administration > Set Password and apply the settings.
- Check the box that says “Enable Password Recovery”.
- Answer just a couple of questions asked and apply to save the settings.
In this way, you can enable the settings of password recovery.
Now, we come to the point “How do you recover the password of Netgear Router”.
- Take any of your devices, like computer , phone or tablet.
- Fetch a web browser and type your IP address in the address bar given at the back of your router (look at the label for IP address) .
- A window will display along with all details, asking you to “Login again”. You need to fill up all the required fields.
- Make sure that the new password you entered should be strong enough to avoid hacking and easy enough to remember easily. netgear range extender
- Close all the tabs and launch a different browser. Go to the router login page again and login with your new recovered password.Next, “How to recover the password for my Extender WiFi Network”?
- Grab your computer or laptop and connect it with your range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type www.mywifiext.net.
- After the successful login, a page displays which will ask you to enter username and password (default).
- You need to type “admin” in the field of username and “password” in the field of password.
- Go to Settings > Wireless followed by “Continue”.
If it asks you to “Use a Different password” it itself show you the type of password under the “Security Type” (a wireless security applied on your wired devices having access from wireless networks to prevent them from damage) and “Network Key” (known as security key) for you to login in successfully.